Sunday 22 May 2016

Sunday 22 May 2016

Let’s talk skin care!



Well if you are like me and if you are on a  quest to find  ultimate spotless, glowing, acne free, pore -less skin, you must have  religiously googled the topic –‘skin care routine’ but little surprise that you are greeted by the three golden rules of any skin care regiment being Cleanse, Tone, and Moisturize! The secret to a beautiful skin does not really end there, for a true ‘Miranda Kerr Like’ glowing skin, introducing exfoliators and face packs to your routine can work wonders!

 I am super psyched to have been invited to take part in  the skin care untangled competition by FarFetch ! 

So hold your horses Ladies,We are going to get into the Nitty-gritties, to mystify the ever so seemingly complex skin care routine! We bring you our daily staples, hacky ways we have discovered, and with Summer fast approaching the time is ‘Now’ to get on the bandwagon!

Sticking to the Fundamentals:  Cleanse, Tone, Moisturize

I strictly stick to CTM every morning and every night!  Being an ardent coffee lover, my day begins with a much-needed hot cuppa of coffee and then its skin prep-time for the morning.

I have been using Kiehl’s Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash- This  foaming face wash is water activated and gently removes all the dirt and impurity from your skin, most importantly leaving your skin smooth and moisturized –its pure magic!

Followed by some toning action, (I do love a good bargain)  Clearasil Toner is a total win-win and is perfect for your daily skin routine.

I have always had  recurring stubborn pimples here and there, Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution has been a total saviour and I apply it before I moisturize my skin. Over the last few months, there has been a visible reduction of dark spots! Do follow with a good sunscreen to avoid unwarranted suntan!


Say goodbye to all those dreadful pores with the amazing Kiehl’s Rare Earth Pore Minimizing Lotion! With Amazonian white clay, it absorbs excess oil and gives you the all-important matte effect! And yes-no Grease (Wuhoo)!!Always make it a point to moisturize your neck, as it surely needs some TLC as well!




For my eyes, I have been using the Estee Lauder Double Wear Cream until I discovered Avene Eluage, It’s a hydrating formula and reduces puffiness, wrinkles and dark circles.








 With scorching summer at arm’s reach, Sunscreen should be a total must in your morning routine! Research suggests that, women who apply regular sunscreen in their 20’s will have lesser skin woes in their 30’s.  Ave
ne's Hydrating Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50+ has been my go-to product! It is super-light and non-greasy!





Body Love


I do love a Pinita Colada and getting caught in the rain ;) well, amazing Pinita Colada is now available in a ‘tin able’ form from Body Shop. Smother this glorious goodness and you’re whisked away to tropical paradise! With Creamy coconut and juicy pineapple scents, it’s a total must have this summer season!






If you are bogged down by super dry skin, give E45 a go. It does a  good job and you will see a visible difference in a few weeks’ time!




A good lip balm is a total investment! I love my EOS Lip Balm , Maybelline Baby Lips( not pictured here) and Bite Beauty agave lip mask! These are great products and gives you visibly softer lips!






Goodbye Makeup!

Being a makeup addict, I definitely have a bias towards moi eye shadows and pretty blushes! 





Saying Goodbye to make up at the end of the day can get ugly if you are not powered up with the right products! I use Camomile Cleansing Oil from BodyShop for my face and Garnier Micellar Water/Biorderma for removing my eye makeup.




 On Lazy days Neutrogena Wipes is a total savior!






The Nightly Duty!

Even if it is at ‘late-o-clock’ in the evening, I make it a point to get CTM done before I crash. It is super important especially at night, to wipe away all the impurities accumulated over the course of the day!  I use Clarisonic brush to deep cleanse my skin. You apply a tiny amount of cleanser onto the brush and it removes all dirt and grit from your skin.



As for toning, I replace my toner with an exfoliator two to three times a week! Exfoliation not only removes dead skins, it unclogs pores and prevents outbreaks of pimples! It’s one of those things that’s easily overlooked. I use a natural exfoliator of Honey and Sugar! Just blend the two and rub it all over your face-works wonders!


Followed by a few drops of  Face Oils from Clarins –  I must say I had my doubts  when it came to night serums and oils, but seeing the benefits, it totally made me a convert! I have it by my nightstand and it leaves my skin all supple and replenished!  You can follow it up with a good night moisturizer and I use my Avene eye Cream at night as well!




The lifeline
Like a magicians back pocket card trick – Tea Tree oil is an absolute must- have item in your cupboard! It’s for the unprecedented nasty outbreak and with its amazing antiseptic powers it saves you from needless anxiety!




TLC

Face packs are much needed TLC for your skin! It not only rejuvenates your skin but gives you the perfect opportunity to relax and unwind! Sheet Packs,Peels,Natural Masks- There are so many options that you are literally spoiled for choice! Put on some nice tunes and let the pack work its magic! I try to do two packs a week and off late I have been using (totally trending at the moment)Coffee Oil Face Pack.



Water Magic!
One cannot undermine the power of H2O. Begin your day with water and make sure you are hydrated throughout the day! A balanced diet is super important and  include lot of greens and many fruits!

Sleeping beauty(Beauty sleep)  is really a thing ;) - a long night's nap gives your skin a chance to replenish and recover!





And don’t forget the sunnies and the floppy hats before you hit the beach!


So there you go – That’s Skin Care decoded! 

Get glowing (Skin) –You so totally have the power!

Until Next time!


Take care!


























No comments:

Post a Comment